10 October 2005

Mond-ane

It's another monday here, rain and cool weather invades the former central Texas hot-house. It was a gorgeous weekend however. We enjoyed some great food and music in downtown Austin. We took my Mom to the Famous Blues joint - Antone's - ; to see Seth Walker and his band perform. They were awesome, opening up for the heralded Fabulous Thunderbirds. Those guys have been around for a long time! But the T-birds could have been a no-show for all I care. Seth and his fella's should have played the rest of the time. CD's and merch available at his site.

I can't believe we trapsed my Mom all over some night life in Austin - it was hilarious and totally unexptected behavior for her!! We also took her to our old hang out at Mother Egan's Irish Pub. We watched a hockey game and had dinner there, nothing like some pub-grub to start off a healthy weekend!

Hockey is back in action and the game has changed quite a bit. Some things are good, some are bad, but all in all, it seems more exciting to watch. But the number of penalties per game right now is so annoying. Every point is a powerplay point. I don't agree with these rule changes.

We don't have this problem in men's league!! Check out our stats HERE !! We are walking away already, and we've only played three games. I think some trades are in order to keep the league (4 teams, a league?) more competitive.

No word yet as to whether I'll be leading some kids around the ice in the goalie dance or not. If you are not familiar with this work-out; let me know i'll send you a copy. It's not quite world famous.

Tuesday is my B-day; I'll be another year closer to 30. ouch. Still not sure about the 30 thing, it seems like today's 30 is yesterdays twenties. Hopefully so.

3 comments:

BPDubs said...

sqHappy belated birthday! I've found the slow march to 30 to suck immensely, but that is just one person's opinion. I'm sure it's working out much better for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Bubbles: Happy B-Day! I do have one question for you though. Are you in love with "Ginnie" or Seth?

JB said...

Damnit- just cause she's from the sweet-sunny south it's not Ginnie or Jeannie -- it's JENNIE, and she will smack you classic southern belle style if she thinks you've done that on purpose - watch out!