13 September 2005

Hot Daze

Well it's about a hunded freakin' degrees here today, and i'm nowhere near any kind of cool refreshing water. What's the problem with this picture? I need to remedy that situation.

I have been thinking lately about friends and family. I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with folks. So if you are one of those few who read this and you are one of my friends, which typically will go hand in hand because I don't really tell too many folks about this, then you need to respond and send me an email. Or, better yet, leave a comment here and let me know something, anything. But I will be calling you soon, cause I don't want to be one of those folks who gets married and falls of the face of the planet. It just isn't going to happen.

Can you tell i'm bored? Reaching for anything to jump out at me so I can write about it. I have not been a model employee lately. Yesterday, for example, I worked a total of about 30 minutes; yes that's for the whole day. I hope no one that I work with or for reads this. Maybe I had better at least take my picture off of the blog anyway.

Some of that time though, was devoted totally to work, and the problems/issues I have with it. Being in the corporate jungle is not the most inspiring or satisfying job. At least not for me. Here's an idea, someone come up with some good ideas of jobs for me, and leave them posted here and i'll check them out!! How about that? This is a great networking asset!!

I did apply for a new job yesterday, it's still in the corporate world, but it's a bit different than what i've been doing, so hopefully that will at least result in an interview or two. Who knows, I could be inspecting pipelines across the US before you know it! Also, I just interviewed for a job in the bio-tech/pharm. industry. Not my ideal candidate for a job, but, the pay is good and the people seemed nice. What more can you ask for to start with?

And if anyone knows of a quality instrument maker in the Austin or even central Texas area, please let me know. That is really what I am pinin' (no pun) to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim: I heard that New Belgium Brewing was paying some sweet moola for beer tasters....but I've already got my resume in for that one.

NM Joe

JB said...

Thanks Joe - I'll put mine into Speotzel brewery then - Shiner will do just fine!

JB-

Anonymous said...

Jim: I would hate to see what you think of the real corporate world. I think you have a lot of Freedom with your job. For example, you worked 30 minutes and no one noticed. I lived in cube corporate america. Maybe you don't like your job, but it's not typical corporate america. With that said, find something you like and pursue! My number was retired before yours.