22 March 2005

Heavy Traffic

The traffic was heavy today, and yesterday for that matter. It seems as if there are more people flocking to Austin every day, week, year. I've been here for over 4 years now, it goes by pretty quickly; surprising for such a laid back city. One thing that keeps it all moving though...there is always something to do! But not just something. Something cool, hip, retro, new age, rockin'. This town is always growing, always flowing, always keeping us on our toes! It's about as large as any city that I would want to live in, I'm hoping it will just up and stop soon. Although I find that highly unlikely.

Yesterday on my way home (bikeroute 55-48-33 & 37). I spied a sign that I thought worthy of the quote for the YEAR!! It was at The Daily Juice (smoothies and more) on Barton Springs rd. For any of you who have frequented that joint...ecclectic is an understatement. The sign reads..."Everyday is SXSW if you are a foppishly rich dandy!!"

South by South West (SXSW) is a major music/film event in North America. It's held right here in A-town each year, thousands of bands and artists funnel into town to showcase/spolight their work or just to take it all in. You pretty much have to be a foppish dandy to get all the way into it!!

No comments: